SMS Towage Ltd have created an opportunity for 2 Apprentices to study and work in conjunction with 54 North Maritime Training in Whitby, North Yorkshire to gain a National Diploma in Workboat studies which is due to start on the 28th August 2018.
The apprenticeship will last 2 years and will be a mixture of shore-based learning in Whitby and offshore training onboard a company vessel.
Candidates must therefore be willing to study and work away from home.
Candidates must be between 18-24 years old. (Must not be 25 years of age before the 28th August 2018.)
No previous experience is required although an interest in the industry would be beneficial.
SMS Towage Ltd will offer a suitable apprentice salary package and will be discussed at interview.
Driving License and own vehicle is desirable.
The closing date for the applications for the position will be 06th August 2018.
Applicants must be available for an interview 2nd week of August and successful applicants must be able to travel to Whitby on 27th August 2018.
For more information please email Jobs@smstowage.com
To apply please submit a covering letter along with your CV with the subject – Apprentice 2018 – to the above email address.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Our organisation collects a range of information about you during our recruitment process, including:
- Your name and contact details.
- Your qualifications, experience, skills and employment history.
- Whether you have the right to work in the UK.
- Your current salary and benefits.
- Whether you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during our recruitment procedure.
We will collect this information from your CV and covering letter, exam certificates, passport or other identity documents and interviews. We will then store the information on our internal IT systems and also in paper form in our HR department. We may share the information internally for recruitment purposes with our directors and managers.
We may also obtain information from, and share your information with, former employers to obtain references.
We will not share your data with any other third parties or transfer it outside the European Economic Area.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will not keep your information and will securely dispose of it.
Why We Handle Your Personal Data
We need to process various types of information about you to:
- Take the necessary steps before entering into a contract with you.
- Comply with our legal obligations, such as checking your right to work in the UK before employment starts.
- Fulfil our legitimate business interests, including being able to manage the recruitment process, assess your suitability for the role and decide whether to employ you. We also need to retain your data to defend ourselves against any legal claims.
We also need to process some ‘special categories’ of data. These include information necessary for equal opportunities monitoring and information about any disabilities, so we can make any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. This is necessary for us to perform our obligations and exercise specific rights related to employment.
Data Retention and Protection
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will not retain your data.
If your application is successful, we will issue you with a new privacy notice setting out how long we will keep your personal information.
We have strict policies and controls in place to prevent the loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure of your data.
Your Rights and Obligations
Under data protection laws, you have the right to:
- Obtain a copy of your data if you wish.
- Ask us to amend incorrect or out-of-date data.
- Ask us to erase or stop processing your data if it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for its original purpose.
- Object to us processing your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing.
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that we have breached your data protection rights.
You are not obliged to provide any data to the organisation during the recruitment process. However, if you do not, we will not be able to process your application properly, if at all.
Automated Decision Making
We do not base our recruitment decisions solely on automated decision-making.
SMS Towage Ltd, Ocean House, Unit 6, Livingstone Road, Hessle, HU130EG. Tel: 01482350999, Email: email@example.com