SMS Towage Ltd are seeking applicants for the post of Engineering Superintendent to support our existing engineering team with the maintenance, dry docking and care of our modern fleet of ASD harbour tugs operating on the River Humber.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Ensuring the full technical readiness of vessels to meet the service commitments of the operating location.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provision of timely advice on the condition of the fleet and any matter likely to affect the availability of any vessel in the fleet for duty;
- Consult with operational managers to plan maintenance schedules, labour requirements and work programs and ensure the regular maintenance of plant and equipment;
- Liaise with operational management to coordinate repair work,
- The promotion of safety and safe working practices is an operational priority, ensuring that adequate safety equipment is available with PPE worn in accordance with company procedures.
- When on call to be available outside of Office hours to respond to Emergency Engineering problems onboard the vessels.
- Monitor defects and the use of planned maintenance systems via the Tug Management System.
The ideal candidate should have a knowledge and understanding of marine engineering, having served in a seagoing or shore based engineering position.
The successful applicant will be based at our offices in Hessle, but will be required to travel.
Competitive salary and benefits
Company vehicle provided.
Closing date for applications: 25 April 2018. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by 02 May 2018.
Interested applicants please send a covering letter and a CV to:
SMS Towage Ltd, Ocean House, Waterside Park, Livingstone Road, Hessle, HU13 0EG
Or e-mail email@example.com
SMS Towage Limited is an equal opportunities employer.